1. When at first you don’t succeed, try, try, again!
2. Integrity on and off the playing field will get you far in the sports’ world and in life.
3. Somedays you’re on and somedays you’re off. Take advantage of your on days, and adjust accordingly when they are not going the way you want.
4. Bad calls (as well as good ones) go both ways and eventually it all evens out.
5. Win or lose, it’s definitely how you play (and watch) the game.
6. Attitude is everything!
7. Crying over disappointments gets you nowhere (although a good cry is often much-needed). It’s how you respond to those disappointments that will define your character for a lifetime.
8. You only have control over yourself, so give it your best every day even if your best isn’t always the same.
9. Mistakes happen, and then you move on!
10. There’s always another opportunity to get things right.
11. In the grand scheme of things, there are a lot more important things happening in the world and in your life. So enjoy things now and have fun, because eventually you have to stop playing games.